- 4 Kanada City Cattle Co. Bacon Cheeseburger Bratwurst (1)
- 3 Beers
- 1 Onion, sliced thin
- Hot Dog Buns
- Mustard (2)
- In a pot bring beer, sliced onions, salt, and bratwursts to a boil. Turn down to low heat and let simmer until brats are 145* internal. (3)
- Get a skillet or grill hot. Sear the brats to get a nice crust.
- Remove brats to rest. If you need to hold them for a while you can put them back in the pot on low until ready to eat.
- Wrap buns is a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add brat, mustard, and onions to your bun.
- Eat and enjoy!
- I used these from KCCO and they’re amazing. They’re wagyu brats, and although you can taste the bacon cheeseburger it trends a little more towards traditional brats, especially with the beer bath. I don’t drink much beer so I use whatever’s left over from the last time we had guests over.
- I love a nice whole grain and/or stone ground mustard with my brats, but use whatever you like. A little spice is nice too.
- If you’ve got a high quality meat you don’t need to take it to 165* like they recommend. It’ll gain some heat during the sear too. Go to whatever internal temp you’re comfortable with.
© 2020 Mitchell Schwartz