- 1 lb. Potatoes (1)
- 1/3 cup Full Fat Greek Yogurt (2)
- 1 tbsp Oil (3)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 Hardboiled Eggs
- 3 strips Bacon
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1.5 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Dill Pickle, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Fill a pot of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add potatoes and cook until fork tender.
- While the water is boiling, cook your bacon. Remove to a paper towel and let sit. (4)
- Remove egg yolks from the whites of your hard boiled eggs and transfer to a bowl. Add oil, dijon, apple cider vinegar, and garlic salt. Mash and then stir with a fork until creamy.
- Add yogurt and stir to combine.
- Chop your egg whites and pickles to your desired thickness. (5)
- When potatoes are cooked, add back to the pot off the heat and let sit to help potatoes dry out. Let them sit for ~5 minutes to cool off, but not to cool completely.
- Add potatoes, egg whites, and pickles to the bowl and mix with the dressing to combine. Add crumbled bacon, then taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper as you feel fit.
- Let refrigerate for at least 2 hours for the ingredients to meld together and for the potatoes to fully absorb the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
- I’m using Yukon Gold potatoes, I just think they’re a great potato and they’re my go to. You can use russets, reds, fingerling, anything you’d like. I cut them into smaller bite size pieces but this is a make it how you like it dish so cut to your favorite size.
- This keeps the dish a bit healthier. It’s also leftover from our Onion Dip earlier in the week so it’s the perfect way to use more of it.
- Whatever oil is on hand, I used avocado.
- If you want the crispiest bacon possible, cook it right before serving and add then. But in general the bacon holds up pretty well to a day or two in the fridge so go with whatever’s easiest.
- I like thick pieces of egg white so I go a bit on the thick side. Pickles are a bit smaller, I just want small pieces
- This dish commonly has red onion and/or celery. Those are good for a nice crunch so if you like ’em, add ’em.
© 2020 Mitchell Schwartz