- 4 oz Pasta
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Red Pepper Flake, pinch
- 1/2 tsp Dry Basil
- 1/2 tsp Dry Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dry Parsley
- Boil a pot of salted water, and add pasta when ready.
- While water boils, mince garlic. Oil a pan on med-low heat and cook garlic and red pepper flake until very fragrant and beginning to turn golden brown.
- Add tomato paste, turn up heat to medium, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dry spices and cook 30 seconds, then add water.
- Stir water to combine with tomato paste, forming a sauce. Simmer sauce down and if it gets too thick before the pasta is done, add more water.
- Once pasta is finished, add to sauce with a splash of the starchy pasta water. Stir to combine until rich and glossy.
- Serve with a drizzle of good quality olive oil, grated parmigiano, and fresh basil.
© 2020 Mitchell Schwartz