Easy Baked Lasagna
- Ready to Bake Lasagna Sheets (1)
- 2 Large Jars Pasta Sauce (2)
- 2 lb. Ground Beef (3)
- 8 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese (4)
- 16 oz Fresh Mozzarella (5)
- Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Heat a large skillet on med-high. Add beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook beef until just cooked through, breaking up to your desired chunkiness.
- Drain the beef and return to the pan. Add the sauce, heat through.
- Slice the mozzarella relatively thin.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, assemble the lasagna (below).
- Bake, covered, for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 5-10 more minutes into bubbly, cheese is melted, and noodles are just starting to crisp on the edges.
- Add one last sprinkling of parm, add foil back, and let sit 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- This is how I assemble from bottom up:
- Half the mozzarella, then lightly salt
- Sprinkle of parm
- Ricotta. Dollop in and use a spoon or spatula to combine with the sauce. Feel free to leave as larger dollops if desired. Lightly salt.
- Mozz, lightly salted
- I told you this was easy! I love these easy bake, no fuss noodles. I know the traditionalists will hate me for it but you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference once it’s done. Plus the dry noodles will soak up excess moisture from the fresh mozzarella and the ricotta.
- Love me some Prego, feel free to use your favorite.
- Also feel free to make this incredibly simple (and vegetarian) by omitting the beef.
- Don’t skimp on this and go low fat, this isn’t a dish to do that with. Just have a smaller portion.
- I really love using fresh mozzarella here. I try to use fresh cheese whenever possible instead of pre-shredded.
© 2021 Mitchell Schwartz